Source your food locally
Do you know where your food comes from?
- Do you know where your supermarket food has come from?
- Do you know where your restaurant food has come from?
- Can you go for a day, a week or a month eating only local food?
- How local is your ‘local’ food – from your backyard, from within 200kms or from within Australia?
The most local food you can get is food that is grown in your own garden. Check out the Canberra Organics Growers Society website for great tips about how to grow your own food.
The following map provides an overview of where local food can be sourced around the Canberra Region.
Here is a list of possible local food providers.
More information can also be found in the Canberra Environment Centre’s Sustainable Food Guide or the Producers Guide, or if you think we have missed something, please let us know and we will add it to this list.
- The Food Co-op cafe
- Satis Vegetarian Cafe
- My Rainbow Dreams
- As Nature Intended
- Mocan and Green Grout
- Sweet Bones Bakery Cafe
- Lonsdale Street Roasters
- Red Brick Expresso
- Grazing Restaurant, Gundaroo
- Pod Food
- Poachers Pantry
- Ginger Catering
- Sage Restaurant
- The Ridge Organic Restaurant
- Wins Creek Apiary
- Lindsay & Edmunds Handmade Organic Chocolate
- Junee Organic Chocolate and Licorice Factory
- Serious Salsa
For more details about local food, check out the Southern Harvest website.