Attend a workshop or event
Upcoming workshops/courses/events that are being run by Urban Agriculture Australia, our collaborating organisations, or by others are:
Four Seasons Workshop #10: Sunday 29 January
Do you want to build, extend, or improve your own garden or gardening skills?
This monthly series of Canberra City Farm gardening workshops will cover the planning and knowledge necessary for building and maintaining gardens for all four seasons of the year.
The workshops will also help develop the (backyard, courtyard, and balcony) demonstration gardens at the Canberra City Farm Dairy Road site and maintain the existing orchards and vineyard.
Details for the tenth workshop are:
- Date: Sunday 29 January
- Time: 1:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m
- Location: 2 Dairy Road, Fyshwick
- Cost: FREE to those who join the Propagation Group, $10.00 for members and $20.00 for non-members who do not wish to join the group.
- What to bring: Any trays, punnets, pots, seeds or potting mix you wish to share. Supplies will be provided for those who are not able to bring their own.
Please pre-register for the workshop, to ensure that we have enough supplies for everyone by sending an email to: email@example.com.
This is the first Four Seasons Workshop for 2017. It is the launch of our new Propagation Group for the City Farm. This group will be led by Peter and Lyn James. More details of the Propagation Group and its activities can be found at www.ccfarm.org.au/propagation-group. Workshop participants are welcome to join the propagation group on the day.
The workshop will ensure that those who join the propagation group have the skills necessary to successfully produce seedlings for the demonstration gardens and for sale to raise funds for Canberra City Farm. The topics we will cover are:
- planting out trays, punnets, and soil blocks;
- pricking out into pots;
- environmental conditions for successful seedling production;
- watering and fertilising seeds;
- pests and diseases to look out for.
If you would like to participate in these workshops and volunteer to work in the garden, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous workshops/courses that have been run by Urban Agriculture Australia are:
- Murrumbateman Gourmet Mushroom Farm Open Day: Sunday 30 October 2016
- Seed Savers: Monthly from August 2016
- Worm Composting Workshop: Sunday 31 July 2016
- Introduction to Fermentation Workshop: Sunday 29 May 2016
- Four Seasons Workshop: Monthly from January 2016
- Bokashi & other Microbial Inoculants: November 2015
- Feijoa Grafting Workshop: August 2015
- Gourmet Mushroom Propagation Course: June 2015
- Wicking Bed Workshop: May 2015
- Propagation Workshop: May 2015
- Let It Grow Mentoring Training: May 2015
- Green Manure Workshop: April 2015
- Compost Workshop: March 2015
- Container Painting Day: March 2015
- Soils and garden preparation: February 2015
- City of Food Series: September 2014
- Floriade Exploratory Pathway Display: September-October 2014
- Floriade Information & Communications Workshop: September 2014
- Floriade Set-up Workshop: September 2014
- Propagation Workshop: August 2014
- Floriade General Construction: August 2014
- Propagation Workshop: July 2014
- Cob and Rocket Stove Construction Workshop: September 2013
- Introduction to Communicating Urban Agriculture: August 2013
- Introduction to Permaculture Design: August 2013
- Seedling workshop: July 2013
- Growing herbs from cuttings: July 2013