Attend a workshop or event
Upcoming workshops/courses/events that are being run by Urban Agriculture Australia, our collaborating organisations, or by others are:
Seed Savers Session
Join us for this Seed Savers Session on Saturday 20 August 2016.
Four Seasons Workshop #6: Sunday 28 August
Do you want to build, extend, or improve your own garden or gardening skills?
Canberra City Farm is offering this monthly series of gardening workshops that will cover the planning and knowledge necessary for building and maintaining gardens across the four seasons of a year.
These workshops will also help develop the demonstration gardens (backyard, courtyard and balcony) at the Canberra City Farm Dairy Road site, maintain the existing orchard and vineyard, and to establish the feijoa orchard.
Details for the sixth workshop are:
Date: Sunday 28 August
Time: 1:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m
Location: 2 Dairy Road, Fyshwick
Cost: FREE (working bee)
What to bring: Please bring along your pruning gear
This will be a combined workshop and working bee and will cover:
- how to plant up a seed tray followed next month by pricking out the seedlings produced into pots.
- the planting schedule will be sent to participants before the workshop and final adjustments will be made to the planting schedule.
- participants can volunteer to take responsibility for producing particular plants for the demonstration garden according to the planting schedule.
- working bee to mark out and prepare the demonstration garden
- continue pruning fruit trees if there is time.
Goals for the month:
- Prepare demonstration garden beds
- Start plant propagation for the demonstration garden
- Complete pruning the orchard fruit trees and grape vines (if there's time).
Places are limited, and bookings are essential, so if you would like to participate in the workshops and volunteer to work in the garden, please e-mail: email@example.com.