Attend a workshop or event
Upcoming workshops/courses/events that are being run by Urban Agriculture Australia, our collaborating organisations, or by others are (scroll down the page for the full calendar):
Canberra Seed Savers: Sunday 5 March
Canberra Seed Savers grows and harvests an abundance of herb, vegetable, and bee-food seeds in backyards and on farms across our region. It’s easy to be part of our network.
Everyone is welcome to come along to the next Canberra Seed Savers session:
- Sunday 5 March from 2pm to 5pm
- Canberra City Farm, Dairy Rd Fyshwick.
Sessions are interactive and fun. Join in, and learn how to be part of preserving our precious heritage of heirloom seeds. Help us save seeds and make seed packets. Bring home-grown seeds (if you have any), old gardening magazines, or just yourself. Come for as long as you want to, and kids are welcome. If you need a lift, or would like to join the mailing list, please e-mail Arian, on email@example.com.
Hot-composting workshop: Sunday 12 March
Canberra City Farm, in collaboration with SEE-Change, will be holding a composting workshop / working bee at our Dairy Road site. The workshop will be led by Jenni Savigny. Different methods of composting and recycling plant material to improve garden fertility will be demonstrated.
The workshop will start with participants’ building a large hot compost, supervised by Jenni, using the Indore method, developed by Sir Albert Howard. Following construction of the hot compost, cold composting methods and bokashi fermentation suitable for small garden spaces will be demonstrated. There will be a question-and-answer session at the end of the workshop to address any questions or problems participants may have encountered with their own composting systems at home.
Date: Sunday 12 March from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Cost: FREE to those who volunteer to participate in working bees at the Canberra City Farm, $10.00 for members, $20.00 for non-members who do not wish to participate in working bees.
Register: Please pre-register for this workshop by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous workshops/courses that have been run by Urban Agriculture Australia are:
- Murrumbateman Gourmet Mushroom Farm Open Day: Sunday 30 October 2016
- Seed Savers: Monthly from August 2016
- Worm Composting Workshop: Sunday 31 July 2016
- Introduction to Fermentation Workshop: Sunday 29 May 2016
- Four Seasons Workshop: Monthly from January 2016
- Bokashi & other Microbial Inoculants: November 2015
- Feijoa Grafting Workshop: August 2015
- Gourmet Mushroom Propagation Course: June 2015
- Wicking Bed Workshop: May 2015
- Propagation Workshop: May 2015
- Let It Grow Mentoring Training: May 2015
- Green Manure Workshop: April 2015
- Compost Workshop: March 2015
- Container Painting Day: March 2015
- Soils and garden preparation: February 2015
- City of Food Series: September 2014
- Floriade Exploratory Pathway Display: September-October 2014
- Floriade Information & Communications Workshop: September 2014
- Floriade Set-up Workshop: September 2014
- Propagation Workshop: August 2014
- Floriade General Construction: August 2014
- Propagation Workshop: July 2014
- Cob and Rocket Stove Construction Workshop: September 2013
- Introduction to Communicating Urban Agriculture: August 2013
- Introduction to Permaculture Design: August 2013
- Seedling workshop: July 2013
- Growing herbs from cuttings: July 2013