Attend a workshop or event
Upcoming workshops/courses/events that are being run by Urban Agriculture Australia, our collaborating organisations, or by others are:
Four Seasons Workshops #4
Do you want to build, extend, or improve your own garden or gardening skills?
Canberra City Farm is offering this monthly series of gardening workshops that will cover the planning and knowledge needed to build and maintain gardens across the four seasons of a year.
These workshops will also help to develop the demonstration gardens (backyard, courtyard and balcony) at the Canberra City Farm Dairy Road site, maintain the existing orchard and vineyard, and to establish the feijoa orchard.
Details for the fourth workshop are:
Date: Sunday 26 June
Time: 1:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m
Location: 2 Dairy Road, Fyshwick
Cost: FREE (working bee)
What to bring: Please bring along your pruning gear
What this workshop will cover:
- This workshop will follow up last month’s workshop on winter pruning of fruiting plants.
- It will be a working bee to enable participants to put the theoretical information from the last workshop into practice.
- There will be experienced pruners present to help you build your practical pruning skills and gain more confidence. They will provide advice if you need it. Beginners are most welcome and are encouraged to attend.
- Participants who indicated at the last workshop they would like to adopt a tree or vine will be asked to identify the plant they would like to manage. Advice will be provided to adopters on how to manage the pruning, nutrition requirements, water requirements as well as the pest and disease control measures needed for the plant chosen.
- Participants who did not attend the last workshop are also welcome to adopt a tree or vine.
Goals for the month:
- Pruning the orchard fruit trees and grape vines.
Places are limited and bookings are essential, so if you would like to participate in the workshops and volunteer to work in the garden, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.