Attend a workshop or event
Upcoming workshops/courses/events that are being run by Urban Agriculture Australia, our collaborating organisations, or by others are:
Seed Savers Session: Sunday 4 December
The next Canberra Seed Savers Get-Together is scheduled for Sunday 4 December 2pm-5pm at the Canberra City Farm Education Centre, 2 Dairy Road, Fyshwick.
We’ll be in the main building co-located with the Jerrabomberra Wetlands Office, which has kitchen access. There is heaps of off-street parking if you drive in through the second gate.
As well as our usual seed saving, we’ll be experimenting with making seed bombs of herb and vegie seeds. Come along and we’ll experiment together!
We’ve also got lots of seeds to sort and bag and label ready for markets and stalls over the coming months – and also to share around for growing out. If you have any spare seeds, please bring along for swapping, sharing or contributing to the central seed bank.
If you have any old gardening magazines, please bring these along as well (we make them into seed packets). Ideas for markets, fairs and stalls where we can sell Canberra Seed Savers seeds would be very welcome as well!
As always, BYO nibbles and drinks.
For more information email: email@example.com.
Previous workshops/courses that have been run by Urban Agriculture Australia are:
- Murrumbateman Gourmet Mushroom Farm Open Day: Sunday 30 October 2016
- Seed Savers: Monthly from August 2016
- Worm Composting Workshop: Sunday 31 July 2016
- Introduction to Fermentation Workshop: Sunday 29 May 2016
- Four Seasons Workshop: Monthly from January 2016
- Bokashi & other Microbial Inoculants: November 2015
- Feijoa Grafting Workshop: August 2015
- Gourmet Mushroom Propagation Course: June 2015
- Wicking Bed Workshop: May 2015
- Propagation Workshop: May 2015
- Let It Grow Mentoring Training: May 2015
- Green Manure Workshop: April 2015
- Compost Workshop: March 2015
- Container Painting Day: March 2015
- Soils and garden preparation: February 2015
- City of Food Series: September 2014
- Floriade Exploratory Pathway Display: September-October 2014
- Floriade Information & Communications Workshop: September 2014
- Floriade Set-up Workshop: September 2014
- Propagation Workshop: August 2014
- Floriade General Construction: August 2014
- Propagation Workshop: July 2014
- Cob and Rocket Stove Construction Workshop: September 2013
- Introduction to Communicating Urban Agriculture: August 2013
- Introduction to Permaculture Design: August 2013
- Seedling workshop: July 2013
- Growing herbs from cuttings: July 2013