Canberra Food Box
Sign up now to the new multi-farm CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) food box being coordinated by Southern Harvest.
Community Supported Agriculture is a system that directly connects local farmers with local consumers.
As a customer you purchase in advance a share of a farmer’s (or group of farmers in this case) produce and then receive your fruit and vegetables as they are harvested. This forms a network of individuals who have agreed to support one or more local farms, with both growers and customers sharing the risks and benefits of food production.
How does this work?
You pay in advance a deposit or full payment and we’ll provide to you on a seasonal basis (Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring) a fruit and vegetable box – plus we’ll have other options for you to purchase online to include in your box, such as eggs, honey and bulk goods.
How to collect?
Your food box will be available for collection at one of the following locations (note: pick-ups will only occur at each location when at least 10 people are registered at that location) on Thursdays from 5pm to 6pm starting on Thursday 1 March 2018:
- Canberra City Farm, Dairy Road, Fyshwick
- Food Co-op Shop, ANU
- Old Canberra Inn, Lyneham
About the box
- Contains seasonal fruit and vegetables
- Weekly collection
- 13 week season
- Direct from farmers in the Southern Harvest Region
- Priority given to Certified Organic and Organic Produce
- Extra items available for purchase
- $35 – this is made up of $30 for the food box plus $5 processing fee for Southern Harvest
What you’ll need to do
- Order online by 15 January 2018
- Pay a deposit, or the full amount up-front
Secure your order with:
- $105 deposit for 3 weeks worth of produce OR
- $455 full payment for 13 weeks worth of produce
Get started now
Ordering deadlines and sample box ingredients for upcoming seasons are available online.